Pairing a Garmin GLO 2 GPS receiver to Samsung Galaxy Tab S8

Frequently asked questions - Allgemeine Fragen zur App
Antworten
Nusolutions

Pairing a Garmin GLO 2 GPS receiver to Samsung Galaxy Tab S8

Beitrag von Nusolutions »

I have a Garmin GLO 2 GPS receiver that I am trying to connect to a Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 using the GPS Connector app. However, I am having issues with the two communicating.

I have made sure that the Garmin GLO 2 has the latest software downloaded.
I have made sure that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 has the latest version of its operating system installed.
I have the Garmin receiver paired with my Tab S8 through bluetooth.
The Garmin GLO 2 slowly blinks blue, indicating that it is trying to connect.
I have activated Developer options in the Tab S8, and have set the Mock location app to GPS Connector
In the GPS Connector app I have set the GNSS Input to Bluetooth, however no GPS data displays.
I have contacted Garmin support, and they have tried to get the tablet and Garmin unit to connect using your software without success, and finally said that I should contact the app developer, which I am.

My goal is to be able to use ESRI's Field Maps app to collect GPS data for myself and my customers.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Mazuch
Administrator
Re: Pairing a Garmin GLO 2 GPS receiver to Samsung Galaxy Tab S8

Beitrag von Mazuch »

Hi,
i never tested any Garmin device by my own, but some users told me that it works.
So the GLO2 has Bluetooth Classic, right? Just asking because Bluetooth LE would not work!

You can ignore all the dev-options and mocking stuff for simple connection testing.
Just try to get a connection via Bluetooth - you must see NMEA data on the terminal page of the app.
If you want, you can do a debug trace-log, so maybe i can see in that log what's going on.
How to create a debug log

There could also be a permission issue - especially Samsung has very weird non-standard security handling. :shock:

Best regards,
Markus
There is no code so big, twisted, or complex that maintenance can't make it worse. (Gerald M. Weinberg)
Antworten